It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 2:19:07

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 29. May 2017 6:42:43 

I bought 2 WiFi link units from Esprit. I am 100% certain I have connected it correctly. WiFi link is updated to version 2.4.1. Spirit gyro is updated to version 2.4.1. Software in computer is version 2.4.1. I successfully flashed the WiFi link to version 2.4.1 again (twice).

Blue light on the WiFi link always flashes slowly. With Chrome browser on Windows computer I can view WiFi status page. I can usually but not always view Spirit settings in Chrome browser. With Android phone I cannot connect with Android app but will connect to WiFi link in wireless connection. WiFi connection sometimes disconnects randomly. I cannot connect with Spirit software on Windows computer even after pressing Control + W and confirming 192.168.4.1 Both WiFi link modules I purchased have the same problems.

Default "mode" is AP mode. Id like to be able to set a password on my WiFi link so nobody else can accidently connect to it at the field but I don't see how and of course it's not working so I can't really get to that point. Other people use Spirit gyros too. I do not want to connect the WiFi link to my home network, I just want to be able to connect to it and use it as a wireless connection so I don't have to make a wired USB connection to the gyro. Thank You

Last edited by George Baker on Sun 11. Jun 2017 8:28:25, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 30. May 2017 7:35:40 
Site Admin

Hello George,

when using AP mode the module is working on the WiFi Channel 1. This mean that if there is any other device on this channel, they will interfere with each other.
So please make sure that there is no other (the best is when it is on Channel 4 or higher).

If you are using a radio that has telemetry support, it could interfere with the Wifi - for this reason placing antennas of the receiver or module by 90° in other position may solve the signal quality completely.
Other issue is that if you will install the module in the helicopter frame, the signal may be not strong enough. But usually this is not the case as the module has powerfull transmitter.

For setting the password for the AP, you can do so in the AP Settings menu directly in the web interface of the module (http://192.168.4.1).
There you can set the Encryption and password.

PostPosted: Tue 30. May 2017 14:41:53 

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. WiFi link unit is on the outside of the helicopter frame. Spektrum AR9030T telemetry receiver is several inches away from WiFi link and antenna orientation is 90 degrees different than the orientation plane of WiFi link unit. The blue light on the WiFi link always blinks slowly.

I tried using the WiFi link again yesterday with both my Windows computer and my Android phone. I was able to successfully connect to the WiFi link signal in WiFi settings of both devices. Using Chrome browser I was able to access Spirit settings on both devices; but I still can't use the Spirit Windows software because it won't connect through WiFi link. The blue light on the WiFi link always blinks slowly.

I don't see why the Chrome browser works but the Windows software doesn't.

PostPosted: Tue 30. May 2017 15:23:50 

Did an experiment. Disconnected telemetry receiver so it gets no power.

Blue light on WiFi link still blinks slowly all the time. Could connect to WiFi link with Windows computer through WiFi settings on computer. Could not connect to Spirit settings with Chrome browser or Spirit Windows software.

Plugged in USB cable and was able to connect with Spirit unit using Spirit Windows software.

PostPosted: Wed 31. May 2017 7:19:46 
Site Admin

Good. If you are unable to reach the Web interface, then it is probably caused because the web browser is confused from the new network. Probably you have other network working through the ethernet?
So to make it work, try to close all the windows and turn it on again.

PostPosted: Wed 31. May 2017 18:58:45 

Hi,
The portable Windows computer I'm using is only connected to the AP of the WiFi link. It has been restarted numerous times the past few days trying to connect correctly.

I mentioned my Android phone Spirit app has trouble too. It is obviously not plugged into an Ethernet network. Please review my previous posts.

It will be important to be able to use the Windows Spirit software program with the Trex 250 I'm building and my new mSpirit with WiFi link because the mSpirit is not going to be very accessable for a USB cable. Right now I'm trying to get the WiFi link working on my Trex 700N. I have 2 WiFi links.

PostPosted: Wed 31. May 2017 21:04:34 
Site Admin

Hi,

this is very strange, because if it is working with PC software it should work also over the web browser - at the moment that it is working with the software there is 100% chance it should work. There is no reason except if you have some special network configuration - for example you are using some Proxy server or have configured VPN or some very specific in your devices. It should work out of the box with no configuration.
What I have meant was to restart the Web browser, not the Wifi Link.

But It looks that you are the first with such problem, so I am sure there will be just some small issue.

Please try to enter exactly this address: http://192.168.4.1
Immediately after entering it, the web ui should appear.

Please check that the address is really correct in your web browser.

PostPosted: Wed 31. May 2017 22:18:35 

Tomas,

I know you're a very busy man making great products for us to buy. I thank you for that. But if you are to help me you must read ALL my posts carefully to understand the problem before we can find a solution.

I know the Internet Protocol address for the Spirit WiFi link device is 192.168.4.1 (I've typed it many times). I CAN connect to the settings WEB PAGE with a browser. I CANNOT use the Windows Spirit software program to connect to the Spirit gyro using the WiFi link device.

The blue LED on the WiFi link device ALWAYS blinks slowly. It does this with BOTH the WiFi link devices I purchased.

It would be OK to only be able to use the web browser but someday I'm going to need to update the firmware on my Trex 250 and I don't want to have to take the helicopter apart just so I can plug in a USB cable. That is a major reason why I bought the WiFi link.

PostPosted: Sun 04. Jun 2017 11:15:13 
Site Admin

Hello,

sorry for delayed response.

Please try to verify that there is WiFi device in the Spirit Settings software visible in the Connection tab.
If yes, then make sure that you are still able to enter the web interface of the Wifi module. By this way, you can check that the connection is really working.
You should be also able to enter the Spirit Settings in your web browser.

If it is working, then there should be no issue with connecting through the PC software.
Maybe you can disconnect the USB interface if it is still present (but even with this connected it should work).

You have to just start the software and in few seconds it should normally work. But it is absolutely necessary that you can see the WiFi device in the Connection tab. If there isn't any, then press the CTRL+W and confirm the address again.
After restarting the software it should be there.

PostPosted: Sun 04. Jun 2017 13:14:23 

I'm not understanding.

I can't communicate with the Spirit settings (Windows software) at all using the WiFi link. So I doubt there is WiFi device in the connections tab.

As I stated; I can communicate with Spirit settings using the WiFi link with Chrome web browser (usually).

The WiFi link and the USB cable both connect to the SYS connector on the Spirit so they both can't be connected at the same time.

As I stated in my first post I have confirmed the IP address 192.168.4.1 in the "control+W" Windows software.

What about the LED always blinking slowly. It's supposed to change to always on; yes?