It is currently Fri 19. Apr 2024 19:48:26

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 29. Mar 2017 21:34:58 

Can you be more specific about when you plan an update?

PostPosted: Wed 29. Mar 2017 21:37:37 
Site Admin

It can be in 2-3 weeks. If you are in hurry, we can provide you a beta version. But we can't guarantee stability yet.

PostPosted: Thu 30. Mar 2017 15:45:33 

It would be appreciated. I was trying to troubleshoot whether the sensor is picking up two magnet signals. And this would help.

PostPosted: Thu 30. Mar 2017 15:46:58 

As long as the beta will not crash the flybarless stabilization portion of the spirit that is.

PostPosted: Sun 02. Apr 2017 21:47:09 
Site Admin

Great. We will send you the firmware tommorow.

PostPosted: Mon 03. Apr 2017 19:47:03 

To the best of my testing, since I am getting an rpm reading in the telemetry on my jeti radio(exbus), I believe that the spirit pro that I have is defective. I have tried everything, and I am at my wits end. The governor does not work. I have tried flying the helicopter without the governor turned on, and get an rpm reading with and without it on. However with the governor on, it does not regulate the head speed, rather it goes into a very high rpm above recommended flying rpm which is clearly picking up the governor curve set at higher %. I looked at the back of the pc board where the servo pin bus is, and all the solder joints are good under a magnifier. Another thing to add, is the rpm reading is stable and does not fluctuate much on the manual throttle curve. And the vibrations are less than 10% when running at recommended head speed. This is a nitro as well. Please let me know how one can go about returning this defective spirit pro unit to you.

Consequently I have a spirit red flybarless unit on my n5c and it works fine with a back plate rpm sensor. I purchased another red from you, and I am now tempted to put that on the N7 since it will probably take a while to get the unit back from you.

PostPosted: Mon 03. Apr 2017 21:00:24 
Site Admin

Hello,

First from all, I hope that the unit is not defective. We are testing each one individually prior to shipping to make sure that there is no fault.
Usually this is the last thing that could be wrong from our experience. The problem is usually in the configuration.
But if you want to be absolutely sure and you have another unit, you can just try the unit where it is working well with the same settings.
I guess that the result will be same.

Technically. If you can see RPM reading and throttle servo is moving, then there is nothing in the unit that could be wrong. There are just two conditions - it works or not at all.

Vibration level does not play any role regarding the governor.

The main reason, why you can observe something like this is usually only in the Throttle Range configuration, RPM sensor reading or needle settings.
If you can see stable RPM readings also when RPM is high and low, then I believe it is just Throttle Range/Needle settings.
In any way, we can check your unit if you wish, since whatever can happen. But checking with your other unit can save you money and time.

Approximately for 60% problems of the governor throttle range is responsible.

Also, when the mixture is poor, then it is normal, that even with flat throttle curve and Gov Off, the head speed can shoot to the maximum. And even with TC it can take a while to drop down. This is happening when motor is too strong/load is very small. E.g. in hovering, pitch pumping.

So first I recommend is to set more rich mixture.

Then I recommend to verify, that Throttle Range - Max. is configured so that it is really just at the fully opened carburator, but not more.
Or for the testing, set there even lower value. So that carburator is opened e.g. at 95%.

On the other hand, Min. value should be configured so that it is exactly at 0%, but not less. Some carburators allows to go over the limits, so that there are dead zones - this is bad for governor, because it does not see any change even that servo is moving.

PostPosted: Thu 06. Apr 2017 18:49:44 

As I had stated, I would be swapping my spirit pro with the spirit red brand new in a box that I ordered from you. As of the swap, the testing sensor screen now triggers upon the magnets passing by the sensor. And the spirit pro would not trigger no matter what I did. Which now solidifies my statement that the unit is defective. I have not flown it yet, but will as soon as the weather lets up. It is currently pouring out raining, so I can not fly. If that is the case, then as I stated the governor portion of the spirit is not working. I am going to simply wait to fly. If helicopter works with the spirit red. I will need to send this back to you for replacement. Please keep in mind this is the same rpm sensor that is now showing up when the magnets pass the sensor in the test screen, which was not showing on the pro.

One thing that I was thinking about since you mentioned sensor voltage output. Is it possible that there is a difference internally in the tach output/input voltage between the Red and the pro? And that is why it is not regulating?
Sensor used is a spartan sensor on 2 cell lipo voltage 7.4v.

PostPosted: Thu 06. Apr 2017 21:28:01 
Site Admin

Thank you for the message.
Actually reading of the RPM Sensor Testing is working in a different way for both units. So even with new Spirit Pro it will probably not work with the current firmware for you.
With next firmware, it will work for both in the same way. So this is not a hardware issue.

What will tell us how it is working is in-flight test. This is what I am very curious. If there will be a difference, then your unti is damaged in some strange way. But I still believe it will be same.
If not, we will of course fix it immediately as it will arrive to us. I will tell you all necessary details to make the shipment easy.

PostPosted: Sun 21. May 2017 17:29:07 

After finally testing the Spirit Red with the same Spartan sensor, the governor still does not work. Despite the fact that at least using the spirit Red, the testing screen now shows a sensor trigger. So Clearly your unit has compatibility issues with the sensors.
As you stated before, the new update was fixing this issue. However I am not sure if you were talking about the test screen, or the aspect of detecting the sensor triggers. As I stated before, I have another nitro n5c using the spektrum back plate sensor and the spirit red, and it works flawlessly. Unless you can fix this issue, I am inclined to move on to another flybarless unit. I have spent way to much time troubleshooting an issue that appears to be software related.
If you have not done already, you need to have someone physically test each sensor in a nitro environment to confirm it works, not that "it should work".
The spirit Pro does not even recognize the sensor in the test screen, but yet gives me an rpm on the telemetry. So my guess is that the unit is defective. However, maybe a firmware update would correct this. But should I have to wait another few months for this to happen, or buy another flybarless unit that just works out of the box?
Very frustrated...