It is currently Fri 19. Apr 2024 3:26:01

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 21. May 2017 20:02:28 
Site Admin

I can say that there are many pilots that are running this sensor with Spirit with no issue. Usually the problem is just in the magnet polarity.
So from what I can say, there is no compatibility issue with Spartan RPM sensor. This is also why we are listing this sensor between tested and supported in our Governor Wiki pages. Because it was tested enough and always worked well. Can you take a photos of how it is connected?
You can take advantage of this page: http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... RPM_Sensor
The connection is slightly different (wire colors), but everything else is same.

Regarding the test screen - Sensor Activity, we have released the update in where it was fixing the indicator in case of some sensors. The issue was occuring only with Spirit Pro units and was not affecting anything else, just the indicator.

Can you describe the issue you are seeing? Unfortunately I am not aware there is anything wrong. I am confused now, if the issue is just indicator or something else?

If you are talking about "The spirit Pro does not even recognize the sensor in the test screen" then this was solved in 2.4.0 - see ChangeLog. Did you tested it with this version? It is released for few weeks now.

If you still can't see any activity with 2.4.0 then the sensor connection is wrong or the magnet polarity is not OK. Did you tried to swap the units as mentioned earlier? By this you can simply check if the unit is really wrong. I am convinced that both are OK.

I can't comment about other units, but if you believe they work better, feel free to use it.

PostPosted: Mon 22. May 2017 0:04:23 

sheva99 wrote:
Unless you can fix this issue, I am inclined to move on to another flybarless unit.

LOL

This is blackmailing.

Gimme a break.

PostPosted: Thu 15. Jun 2017 22:04:41 

Hi Tomas, running a Spirit red (2.4.1) with a YGE 90LV. The rpm displayed is about 40 more than requested and wandering. Is the RPM tester fixed yet as it's showing Active\ Inactive every half second or so? Thanks

PostPosted: Thu 15. Jun 2017 22:19:15 
Site Admin

The sensor tester should work perfectly.
Please check this page: http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... RPM_output
There are special notes for YGE external governor directly from the manufacturer.

If you can see activity even with Hold, then the throttle is probably too high (try to decrease Throttle Range - Min. little bit).
Some ESCs are simply sending signal to the motor even if it is not spinning, so what you can see is true.

PostPosted: Sun 18. Jun 2017 11:20:56 

Thanks Tomas, the YGE is setup as per your guide. I have fiddled about with timings and PWM and upped the HS a bit and it now seems to be ok.
Just to confirm what we should be seeing on the Sensor 'Test' page...Should it be green all the time the unit is seeing a signal or should it pulse?
Thanks

PostPosted: Sun 18. Jun 2017 11:31:07 
Site Admin

Great! If you are trying it with no blades, then there will be rather higher RPM as there is no load - this is OK.

With low RPM you will see it is pulsating. But once it is higher and higher, it will be just active. But it is very dependent on the model and sensor.
You may see even activity when you are rotating with motor by hand.