It is currently Wed 05. Jun 2024 5:36:04

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 23. Feb 2015 14:38:45 

I installed the spirit settings app on my Macbook running Yosemite but It would not connect to my Spirit unit. It was working fine on my previous Mac with Mountain Lion. After doing a little research is looks like the UART drivers from Silicon Labs are not signed properly and OSX security is not allowing them to be added to the Kernel properly. I found a properly signed version of the drivers (unfortunately Beta) that where posted to there community forum: http://community.silabs.com/t5/Interfac ... 72#U138472

After installing this driver attached to the thread I was able to connect: http://community.silabs.com/mgrfq63796/ ... sk.dmg.zip

The driver does not play well when woken up from power saving mode and you have to restart the settings program to get it to reconnect if it goes into power saving mode. It is not a problem if you save your settings.

PostPosted: Mon 23. Feb 2015 15:21:06 
Site Admin

Thank you for the report.

Did you tried to reinstall previous driver (older version)?
Unfortunately I can't tell you how reliable the connection is, especially in regards to firmware flashing. This can be little bit dangerous, so we will try to test it for you, before you will perform any update.

PostPosted: Mon 23. Feb 2015 18:50:12 

I can report that firmware flashing worked without a problem. :D

According to the release notes there is no functional difference between the new (beta) and old drivers other than the signatures and changes to the installer. I think the challenges with power saving due to differences with 10.10 and older versions. Apple changed the kernel a lot with 10.10 and unfortunately some was not for the better.

I could not install the previous version due to those versions not being signed. For security reasons I don't want to put my Mac in developer mode as recommended by some as that weakens the kernel security substantially. :cry:

PostPosted: Mon 23. Feb 2015 18:52:31 
Site Admin

Oh, that's great.

Maybe it is possible to disable USB power saving feature.

PostPosted: Tue 24. Feb 2015 7:37:33 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Oh, that's great.

Maybe it is possible to disable USB power saving feature.

Yes, That is probably possible but I simply moved the mouse every minute or so and that worked fine. Since the new app makes saving so easy (cmd + s) I simply saved after each change and had no problems at all.

Thanks for all the hard work!