It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 20:58:44

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 22. Sep 2020 16:42:19 

Looking for a little help here. The issue is I am not seeing any telemetry data from the ESC. Once everything has been connected per instructions and powered up, in the Jeti Sensors/logging setup all parameters show up so I’m assuming it is communicating but voltage and mah usage does not change. Voltage is 0.0v and mah comsumed never change on displayed telemetry.

My setup is :
Jeti DS16
Spirit Pro
Hobbywing Platinum 200A HV V4 (Opto Version)
Jeti Duplex REX R10 Telemetry Receiver

I have connected the receiver using the Jeti integration cable as instructed with the orange wire of the Jeti integration cable in the AIL port and the Red/Brown wires in the RUD port. This works perfectly and I can access the Spirit Po from the TX

I’m running a 4 servo setup on the cyclic so I have the servos connected to channel ports 0-3 with the tail rotor servo in ch-4. The throttle cable coming from the ESC is plugged into Aux 1 and the RPM Out (yellow) wire from the ESC is on the middle PIT pin.

I connected the Telem UNI Cable to the SAT port of the Spirit Pro and the servo end into the programming port of the ESC. The accessing the Advanced/Telemetry settings of the Spirit software I set the ESC type to Hobbywing Platinum V4. With this setup, the TX sees the all of sensors and I can place them on the Main Display. However, as stated above no values are displayed.

Both my TX and receiver have been updated to the latest versions as well as the Hobbywing ESC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Ironside on Wed 23. Sep 2020 13:16:17, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed 23. Sep 2020 7:18:18 
Site Admin

Hello,

please make sure that Telem UNI is at the SAT1 port.

Then it is necessary that:
ESC is initialized
Motor wiring is plugged

Consumed capacity and Current will show only when there are blades on.

The latest ESC firmware is necessary, but it shouldn't be VBAR firmware. So the previous one.

PostPosted: Wed 23. Sep 2020 13:15:36 

Thanks for the reply ZeXx86. Although I had spent around 3 hours looking for the solution before posting here, I found a post containing a possible solution shortly after creating my thread. It turns out I had the Telem UNI plugged into the wrong SAT port. Once I got home from work I flipped the Telem UNI to the other SAT port and everything worked properly. My solution was found here:
http://spirit-system.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3116

Thanks again for the quick reply though.