It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 13:21:13

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 18. Sep 2019 13:12:50 

Hi,

during two flights my altitude limit didn't work anymore after a few minutes. I checked it at the ground after i had landed by activating the feature with the switch on my radio. The blades didn't react and the blue led on the Geolink was flashing. After reconnecting the battery it worked again fine.

What could be the problem?

Thank you
Harald

PostPosted: Wed 18. Sep 2019 17:06:56 

have you already updated the geolink to lastest fw version ? ( 1.0.3 )

PostPosted: Wed 18. Sep 2019 19:37:47 

If your Geolink light was flashing continuously then that means the geolink unit had lost connection to the Spirit unit i.e. Geolink connection broken. When this happens all Geolink features are deactivated.

PostPosted: Thu 19. Sep 2019 6:22:32 

denis747 wrote:
If your Geolink light was flashing continuously then that means the geolink unit had lost connection to the Spirit unit i.e. Geolink connection broken. When this happens all Geolink features are deactivated.

Yes, but what could be the reason for this issue? I've never had this problem since I had mounted the Geolink. I read something about an electrostatic fault. But where does it come from?

PostPosted: Thu 19. Sep 2019 8:48:10 

TDFun66 wrote:
denis747 wrote:

Yes, but what could be the reason for this issue? I've never had this problem since I had mounted the Geolink. I read something about an electrostatic fault. But where does it come from?

Static usually appears on a heli with a belted tail if you haven't applied proper anti-static measures. However, I read that the blades of a heli can also generate static from the action of moving through air in certain conditions i.e. especially when humidity is very low.

PostPosted: Thu 19. Sep 2019 8:52:45 
Site Admin

After updating to the latest version GeoLink will be more immune for a static discharges and other interference. So it is possible that it will be enough to resolve the problem.

PostPosted: Sat 21. Sep 2019 8:42:55 

ZeXx86 wrote:
After updating to the latest version GeoLink will be more immune for a static discharges and other interference. So it is possible that it will be enough to resolve the problem.

Thank you Tomas. I connected the boom of my TDFto the frame with a wire in order to avoid electrostatic discharging. I updated the firmware too.
It is netter now. Two flights of six the GeoLink ended up with a blibking led.
But before it worked perfectly every flight for mor than four weeks.

PostPosted: Mon 23. Sep 2019 14:25:12 
Site Admin

Unfortunately wire might be not enough in rare cases. If powder from belt is attached inside the boom then it will be still developing discharges. But first belt tension must be good.
Do you remember any changes in configuration or wiring before the problem started to occur?