New version 3.0.0 released!
- Sensor Calibration process:
- All Spirit units are utilizing brand new calibration process.
- Calibration is more thorough in a low temperature making flight and rescue more precise.
- Movement detection during calibration is more sensitive, resulting in an additional calibration.
- Completely new algorithms for Rescue and Stabilisation modes:
- New version of revolutionary Sensor Fusion technology for completely all Spirit units is here!
- Rescue and stabilisation modes were totally reworked from scratch.
- It brings significant advancements in precision, reliability and flexibility.
- Model can be powered up, transported and left at any attitude during or after initialization. Yet it has no impact at Rescue and Stabilisation precision.
- Model can be lifted off from an uneven surface without affecting Rescue and Stabilisation modes.
- It can work reliably under the most demanding maneuvers and very harsh environment at the same time.
- GeoLink - Completely new navigation system algorithms:
- GeoLink features can operate more precisely and reliably with any flight style.
- GeoLink Compass precision has been enhanced by one order.
- GeoLink Compass Heading is now indepedent from mounting position in horizontal axes.
- GeoLink is performing many additional calculations making it less dependent on the unit.
- GeoLink know everything about model movements which can be utilized in a new features.
- GeoLink can be mounted at a tilted surfaces from now.
- GeoLink digital protractor feature is more precise and faster.
- GeoLink - Firmware update:
- Firmware updating is more reliable with all Spirit units.
- GeoLink - Connection stability:
- GeoLink logging enablement during model take off is more reliable.
- Old (original) Spirit units are handling communication seemlessly.
- GeoLink - Vertical Correction Gain:
- Vertical Correction Gain range has been increased to 20 - 150%.
- GeoLink - electrostatic immunity increased:
- During high electrostatic discharges connection was prone for freezing. From now it is established again.
- Support for Spirit RS units:
- Full support for brand new Spirit RS units.
- Spirit RS introducing control board and telemetry receiver in a single rigid package!
- Dimensions: 36.8 x 27.15 x 15.8 mm
- Weight: 23 grams
- Material: Aluminium alloy AL6061-T6
- Input Vultage: 3.5V - 12V
- Sensor: 12-Axis Sensor Fusion
- Processor: 32bit high performance ARM
- More information will be available at Spirit System information channels.
- Extended JETI integration:
- JETI integration has major improvements and new features.
- Improved appearance of the integration menu.
- New verification for the Integration file version mismatch.
- New Setup Wizard that will guide you through entire Spirit setup with all necessary instructions.
- New Vibration Analysis screen - you can view Vibrations at the plot in a real-time (except first Spirit units).
- New BEC Tester that can test power supply of the model.
- New Log Viewer that will allow you to view all flight events in a real-time.
- New Diagnostic screen that will display deflections of all channels and additional details.
- SRXL2 protocol improvements:
- Support for all full-size SRXL2 receivers.
- All SRXL2 based receivers can operate flawlessly now.
- Full integration and telemetry with all Spirit units is working with any SRXL2 receiver.
- Wiring instructions were updated. See SRXL2 Wiki page.
- IMPORTANT: Gyro Gain Channel has been reversed. Default channel reversing can be used now. Please reverse your Gyro Gain channel!
- JETI EX BUS protocol improvements:
- Default channel values with inactive receiver connection were updated.
- All channels were centered.
- Control loop enhancements:
- New optimizations for all units in the control algorithms allowing even faster regulation processing.
- Algorithms require less computing power which is beneficial especially for the first Spirit units.
- Calculations are performed in two separate processor cores.
- Tandem Helicopter support:
- Support for twin-rotor tandem helicopters has been improved.
- Elevator regulation is less sensitive making reactions more equal for all axes, resulting in a more stable flight.
- Spirit 2 flight performance:
- Flight characteristics were improved with faster response time.
- Special Function - P: Pirouette Consistency:
- Adjustable range was changed to 50 - 250.
- Spirit Settings - firmware update:
- Servo signal is turned off before flashing to prevent unexpected movement.
No need to change any parameter after update from version 2.6. and newer.
SRXL2 users: Reverse Gyro Gain channel.
RESCUE users: Once Rescue is engaged, please verify the swashplate is level after update. If not, please proceed according this guide.
STABILISATION users: Once stabilisation is engaged, please verify the swashplate is level after update. If not, please proceed according this guide.
GEOLINK users: Update GeoLink firmware to 1.1.0. Check protractor angles in the GeoLink/Module tab - at horizontal level both should be near 0°.
Update for the Spirit units, Wifi-Link, JETI integration is available in our Download section.
swashplate.png [ 15.01 KiB | Viewed 4199 times ]
position.png [ 13.17 KiB | Viewed 4199 times ]
main.png [ 12.55 KiB | Viewed 4199 times ]