It is currently Tue 16. Apr 2024 12:43:14

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 25. Sep 2015 8:41:54 

This is my wiring setup for my low speed 6s Faifa, as I'm building it now.
Is this the right thing to integrate the Spirit into the Jeti DS-16, including integrate full telemetry from the Jive and Jlog to the Jeti DS-16?

I'll leave the red wire from the Jive to rex7, as also I leave the red wire from the Jlog to the rex7. The Jlog gets it's power from the Jive jumper port. The other electronics are powered directly by a 2s 7,4v LiPo.

Please shoot on it :D

Last edited by Lars Linders on Wed 21. Oct 2015 8:40:55, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Jeti setup
PostPosted: Fri 25. Sep 2015 14:59:17 
Site Admin

Nice diagram,

it seems to be good. You only have to make sure, that plus from the battery can't touch plus from the BEC.

PostPosted: Thu 01. Oct 2015 18:21:19 

I've read the topic from jmackey, and his crash made me a little bit woried. He has almost the same setup construction, like REX & spirit(exbus) & Jlog2.6 & Kontronic & extern rx LiPo.
Can you tell me if my setup will work with the original Spirit ex-bus cable and all the other installation? I mean, is it possible a one time bug with jmackey's setup, or do I have to worry a little bit? Are there more setup's like our's, and are the succesfull?
Please let me know, because I'm a bit insecure. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed 21. Oct 2015 8:39:31 

Yesterday I did a lot tuning in the DS-16 and in the Spirit. In the beginning it was all new and unknown, but in a few ours it's more trusted. I can say I really begin to like it!

I also went trough the setup from the Spirit, which is really nice and simple. I like it!
But unfortunatly one thing is a bit unknown for me, the rescue bail out function. I've red a lot about it, but I can't find the right way to set it up for me. How do I set it to the stick I want? In my DS-16 I've made a special flight mode for it. My flight mores are now like this;
1. Throttle hold
2. Rescue
3. Normal
4. Idle 1
5. Idle 2
6. Idle 3
7. Default

If it's set to normal, idle 1, 2 or 3, and I switch on the rescue switch, then on my DS-16 screen, rescue is shown as it has priority above the other flight modes. This is good so far I think. Everything works fine in these settings, the servo's react good at the stick movements, and the fbl levels good.
But if I turn the settings in the Spirit installation setup in the rescue menu from 'disabled' to 'rescue normal', then the pitch/throttle stick movements are not working anymore. None of the flight modes are working, because all the pitch/throttle movements aren't working. If I turn the settings back to disabled, then everything works fine again in all flight modes.

Can somebody tell me what went wrong in my settings? Did I forget something? I've red something about working with 'banks', but I don't know how this works, and if this is necessairy for working with rescue mode?
I also red something about creating a 7th channel for it, but I also didn't understand this, because I want the rescue function for priority above alle other flight modes exept throttle hold...
Can somebody give me a right way to zegt everything right. These rescue mode installation is really new for me.. Normally the rescue funtion has to work only when I turn the switch on my tx, but when I enable the rescue mode in the spirit setup, then it looks like it's always on recue mode....
Can somebody help me?

PostPosted: Wed 21. Oct 2015 8:49:00 
Site Admin

Hello,

sorry for delayed response. You can put your question in the Support section so I can respond immediately.

The problem in your case is, that your Gyro Gain is probably negative all the time.
Negative gyro gain mean, that it will activate the rescue so in this case you can't move with the collective pitch.

In your flight mode you should configure it in the way, that it will change gyro gain to negative value, bot for other flight modes, always positive (Gain that you are normally using in the flight).
When you are set the Function parameter to Disabled, then the unit will be in Normal/Rate mode of the gyro - not Head Lock. It is important to not fly in this mode if you are not experienced, else the rudder will be drifting to some side.

So it seems that your problem is only in Gyro Gain settings in your flight modes.
For all modes, you can start with Gyro Gain of 60%, for the Rescue -60%.

You can verify everything in the Diagnostic tab. You can check Gyro bar. If you will see HL, then it is normal flyng mode. If there is HF, then special function (the Rescue) was engaged.

PostPosted: Wed 21. Oct 2015 9:00:09 

I think I understand it.
Do I have to set everything when rescue is engaged? Or do I first set every gyro gains when it's still disabled