It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 14:19:38

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 30. Oct 2018 13:32:25 

I'm getting my Oxy 2 squared away and still fiddling with tuning. I'm thinking about the future and how I want to use Banks in the uSpirit.

I have my heli setup in what is the new norm: three Idle Up speeds. I know some people may use their three banks in this manner - one bank for each headspeed. I can see some value in this already. I have worked on tuning a bit in the highest headspeed and the tail works well. In the lowest headspeed, the tail kicks out hard on pitch-ups. For this reason I'm thinking tail tuning needs to be headspeed specific. (?)

I'm considering adding another switch to go between "3D" and "Sport Mode" where 3D would have settings for a quicker response and "Sport Mode" would help to establish smoother behavior.

I use OpenTX on a Horace X10. That setup has flight modes so much of the behavior can be varied there as well (rates, expo, maybe truncated pitch curve to make the max pitch slightly less, etc).

All of this is to ask - what is the best use of Banks.

PostPosted: Tue 20. Nov 2018 8:31:43 
Site Admin

Hello,

generally you can change Gyro Gain for each Flight mode in your radio too. So banks are not needed.

But if you want to use more stabilisation modes then it is required to use Banks.
You can use them also for trying a completely different settings for your model.