It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 23:48:00

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 25. Apr 2018 7:54:37 

Hi,

anything is wrong with the rescue function on my spirit pro. It's setup to Resue (Normal) at Stabi Tab and a seperate Mix Channel on my DX8. This Mix Channel pulls the Gyro Value to neg. - 60 % Value if activated. On the bench, collective pitch goes up to positive when engaged. Rescue collective pitch is set at 60 %.

out at the field, I started and rised up to a save altitude and activated the rescue switch. The model suddenly desends instead of climbing :shock: what is going wrong ? swashplate turns to pos. pitch on the ground but the rescue works vice versa. Did I miss something at the setup ?

Regards,
Frank

PostPosted: Wed 25. Apr 2018 8:27:24 
Site Admin

Hi,

please check if your 0° is configured correctly.

This can be done in the Servos tab, when Subtrim (tuning) function is enabled.
At this point all servo arms should be at the center, your swashplate should be levelled and between main blades there must be zero degrees.

Is this correct?

PostPosted: Wed 25. Apr 2018 9:25:53 

Hi,

yes, 0° is configured correctly. All servo arms are levelled and the main blades are at zero degrees. I don't understand why the swashplate indicates that the rescue function works normally on the bench and in flight the helicopters suddenly decends when activated ?

has it something to do with the rescue pitch ?

PostPosted: Wed 25. Apr 2018 10:56:12 
Site Admin

The Rescue pitch should not cause it, if it is not too low.
Default value should be good. With 70 - 80% it must ascend quite fast always.

Did you tried to activate the rescue few seconds after the lift off? Or you are trying always later during flight? At the end there is the highest chance something goes wrong. When you land after the flight and activate the rescue, is the swashplate still go up?

The easiest test for checking the rescue is to fly the helicopter in very normal way (your style). Then, immediatelly after the flight while rotor is not spinning anymore, you can activate the rescue. If you can see that swashplate is in the horizontal position and goes up and helicopter too, then it should work correctly anytime during the flight as well. This is very safe method for checking the operation.

What is your helicopter? Some helicopters have mechanics where swashplate is working in the opposite direction. So swashplate at the bottom = ascending, swashplate at the top = descending.
But then your collective pitch would react in a wrong direction too during normal flight.

PostPosted: Wed 25. Apr 2018 17:50:35 

Hi,

i tried the rescue function on my bench and found out, that the swashplate goes up if I engage the rescue switch in range from full neg to 75 % positive pitch. From 75 % positive to full pitch, the swash plate goes down if i engage the rescue function. I don't have a clue whats going on here ? I'm sure that everything is setup well. :shock: :? :?

Helicopter is aGaui X3 and the pitch works normal in the right direction, not inversed or something else.

On my DX8, I use the Aux2 (Channel8) for rescue and a Mixer1 that mixes K8 > Gyro. When engaged, K8 pulls the Gyro Channel to -64 % and enables the rescue function. This works on all banks.

PostPosted: Wed 25. Apr 2018 18:04:31 
Site Admin

Thanks for the message.

I am afraid, but something is not configured probably correctly.

Can you verify in the Spirit Settings that you can see Head Lock + Rescue in the Diagnostic tab when Rescue is engaged?
There should be no relation with your Collective pitch - it should not matter where it is.
Maybe your rescue is not enabled at all, but you are changing Collective pitch by the mix in your transmitter.

PostPosted: Wed 25. Apr 2018 18:38:29 

Hi,
first, thank you for your quick reply and I must admit, you are right with your addoption that something is configured wrong ;) The problem was the wrong direction of the K8 switch. After reversing the direction in the DX8 transmitter, the rescue function works as it should. The Mixer affected the Pitch at some wise...

Regards
Frank

PS: Where is the DMA funtion for the rudder ? The tail kicks out some degrees at Pitch pumps