It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 10:28:41

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 13. Apr 2018 8:43:06 

Hi,

after long consideration, I bought a Spirit Pro to newly setup my Gaui X3 because the currently installed Vbar Neo dissapoints me. Hours and Hours of setup flights and the Gaui X3 doesn't fly well with the vbar :? Hope that the Spirit Pro will do his job better. What is important to know when I change the spirit against the neo?

I have a Spektrum DX8 and installed two DSMX sattelites on the Neo. should be no problem with the spirit pro. I like also use the governor function with the spirit pro. Is it complicated to setup the Gov or there any other information are importent to know ?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Frank alias shredman

PostPosted: Fri 13. Apr 2018 13:03:33 
Site Admin

Hi,

thank you for your interest in our products!

Yes, there is no problem with Spektrum satellites.

Regarding Governor it depends on what sensor do you have. I guess that you have some ESC such as HobbyWing - this has RPM cable.
You can find all information about this here:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... n#GOVERNOR
and here:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... e=Governor

But first I recommend to do a basic setup without anything that is not necessary to make it as simple as possible.

For Gaui kits I highly recommend to get a ball reamer, otherwise flight performance can be not good. All ball linkages should move with zero friction (very important).

PostPosted: Mon 16. Apr 2018 9:27:25 

ZeXx86 wrote:
For Gaui kits I highly recommend to get a ball reamer, otherwise flight performance can be not good. All ball linkages should move with zero friction (very important).

thanks for the information but why is it important for Gaui Kits ? Is it not a basic requirement for all model helicopters to have a smooth mechanical setup with zero friction ?

Regards
Frank

PostPosted: Mon 16. Apr 2018 9:33:57 
Site Admin

You are welcome.
It is requirement for all models. Smoother the mechanics is, the better it can work.

From our experience some kits require a ball reamer for the ball linkages as they are very tight. Unfortunately flying will usually not improve it even after months.
It is not just on Gaui but also some Mikado, Oxy, Goblins need it. Some beginners dont know how it should work, for this reason I have mentioned it.

PostPosted: Mon 23. Apr 2018 11:10:49 

Hi,

thanks for your information. on saturday, I got the Spirit Pro and started to install it on the gaui x3. It's really tight on the back panel but it#s ok. after all hardware was set I started the setup software and was not able to setup equal pitch ranges.
Is it not possible to setup different ranges separately for +pos and -neg pitch ?
the gaui swashplate is leveled and 0 pitch is right but I have 12 degrees +pos pitch and 12,5 degrees -neg pitch. with neo software, I was able to set seperate pitch ranges for +pos and -neg pitch.

Regards Frank ?

PostPosted: Mon 23. Apr 2018 11:38:19 
Site Admin

Hi,

please check this page:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... tive_Pitch

This will help you with your problem.