It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 9:37:15

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 12. Sep 2016 20:27:31 

I would like to know how to setup bailout timeout on a dx8.

Something like this guy did.

https://youtu.be/VywZfukVKec

PostPosted: Fri 07. Oct 2016 21:15:17 

HELI_FUN wrote:
I would like to know how to setup bailout timeout on a dx8.

Something like this guy did.

https://youtu.be/VywZfukVKec

Hello,

that is my video ;)

There is a feature of DX9 which is called as "sequencer" helps to achieve this. I have used DX8 with 3.01 software but as far as I remember it has not "sequencer" feature. I can send my model exported from dx9 if you want, also I'll explain the logic behind it.

1 - As you can see, switch A is used to activate rescue. Once you used rescue with this switch, you have to pull it back to re-use. ( Any switch or button can be assigned I think)
Forward and Reverse means when the action will be performed. While switch going to "on" status or "off" status. In this case it will be activated while switch is going to "on" status. Becase only Forward line has "1" value as you can see.
Name A and B are the names of channels you use with sequencer. I have named only one of them because I use one channel in sequencer which is AUX4 in this case as you can see in the photo.
Type A should remain as Step because it's a stepping type event.
And Speed is the length of our timeline as you can guess.

2- This is our timeline, we decide what the channel A named as RS1( AUX4 in this case ) will perform after we activate the switch. In fact the rescue time is approximately 1.5 seconds in this case. If you follow the thick line starts from point 0, it immediately drops 0 value, then at point 2, it gets back to it's normal state. End it finishes timeline how it started.

3- Now we have a channel that changes it's value for 1.5 seconds or for a time interval you define, and it gets back it's normal state, great but can it work now? Unfortunately no. Here is the link between our genius channel and our gyro channel which is used for gyro sens and rescue.
We create a mix that works always on, programme it as whenever AUX4 is changed, change Gyro channel, such as like

Now we can try our rescue timeout at bench. The swashplate should go upwards for time interval you defined and then it should turn back to it's normal position.

Important hint: As far as I know that when the rescue enabled by making gyro sensivity negative value, the gyro uses that negative value as heading hold mode gyro sensivity in rescue mode. For example if your gyro sensivity is 80 in normal state and you activated rescue, your rescue gyro sensivity will be something like 20% if you make the mix between aux4 and gyro sens channel as 100%. In this case, there is a gyro coefficient in sensor tab in software, and if you increase it a little, it will be possible for you to decrease gyro sens from your transmitter.Then you can make rescue gyro sens and normal gyro sens close to each other.

PostPosted: Mon 10. Oct 2016 18:59:48 

Great job !!! Thanks