It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 23:32:53

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Cyclic Pitch Setting
PostPosted: Sun 05. Jun 2016 10:55:52 

Hi there, please can you explain what the setting of 6 degrees cyclic pitch does in the control loop within the unit and what affect the dual rates for aileron and elevator selected in the Tx have on this, if any?

Post subject: Re: Cyclic Pitch Setting
PostPosted: Sun 05. Jun 2016 21:46:08 
Site Admin

Hi,

Geometry 6° is value that you should configure to match the helicopter geometry. So it is meant that you will just set it to the value that will correspond to 6° in the aileron axis.
When configured, you do not have to change it normally at all.
Then the unit can tune optimal parameters correctly so the cyclic wil work well in the first try.

It is not related with dual rates at all. Dual rates will affect only rotation speed.
But generally I recommend to not use Dual Rates, instead you can use Rotation speed in the Sensor tab, which is exactly for this purpose.
For fine tuning you can use Dual Rates later, but usually it is not needed, so you can leave DR at 100%.

PostPosted: Sun 05. Jun 2016 23:06:41 

Quote:
But generally I recommend to not use Dual Rates, instead you can use Rotation speed in the Sensor tab, which is exactly for this purpose.

So to make the heli more "docile" or easier / low rates, do we lower the Rotation speed? Basically move down from the default of 8.

How low should we go to simulate low rates?

Thanks
Tim

PostPosted: Mon 06. Jun 2016 8:42:31 
Site Admin

Value of 8 is already configured for beginners, so it can be considered as low rate. Usually pilots are flying with values of 9-11.

PostPosted: Thu 16. Jun 2016 13:56:59 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hi,

Geometry 6° is value that you should configure to match the helicopter geometry. So it is meant that you will just set it to the value that will correspond to 6° in the aileron axis.
When configured, you do not have to change it normally at all.
Then the unit can tune optimal parameters correctly so the cyclic wil work well in the first try.

It is not related with dual rates at all. Dual rates will affect only rotation speed.
For fine tuning you can use Dual Rates later, but usually it is not needed, so you can leave DR at 100%.

Hi there, thanks for your feedback on this. When I do my next set-up this weekend, I'll follow your advice.