It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 22:59:54

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 11. May 2016 20:33:11 

Hello everybody,
I have trouble setting up an XG8.
I have the Gyro gains positive and changing according to the flight mode. Very standard.

I would like to have the rescue available in each mode by pressing the Trainer switch.
So I need to change the gain by pressing this switch. Trouble: on JR system, the Gyro function can not accept an mixing.

Any idea?

For info how I do on other modules:
-on Brain, stablisation (rescue) is set permanently on a bank, so just a mix from the TRAINER switch to the bank channel is needed to activate the bank configured with stabilisation.
-On Neuron, even simplier, there is a dedicated channel to activate the rescue.

PostPosted: Wed 11. May 2016 21:45:43 
Site Admin

Hello,

with Spirit you can do it very similarly. There are at least two ways how you can proceed.

By unassigning Gyro Gain in the Channels window you can set the Gain in the software.
Gyro gain can be changed in this way in each bank separately (Sensor tab).

One bank can be used for the Rescue (negative gyro gain). Two other for the flight modes.

Very often, Spirit unit can fly well even with one gyro gain with a different head speed.
So it is possible you will not need more gains if the rudder is performing well.

PostPosted: Thu 12. May 2016 6:25:11 

Super fast reply.
I love it.

So if I understand well the 2 options:
-option 1: hard gain set in the banks, so rescue activated by bank switching, but loosing ability to fine tune the gain in flight, so has to be done by test flights before setting up rescue feature (also implies: at the field, no laptop and usb link, no possibly to adjust the gain).

-option 2: I'm not sure I understood it well, but I try: give the negative gain to one flight mode, so sacrifying one flight mode and momentary change of flight mode required (with possible throtlle/pitch changes when activating rescue).

I think I'll go for option one, because I need the flight modes more than the banks, and that which allows me to set the bank via a 3-position lever (AUX-2 lever) and make a mix from the TRAINER switch to force momentarily the bank to the one configured with rescue, keeping the same switch as for other modules/helis.

Possible improvement:
It would be a lot easier to have the possibility to configure one bank permanently stabilised whatever the gyro gain is, and no need for additional channel, just software update to offer an extra possibility.... Just an idea..

Thanks for the awesome support!

PostPosted: Tue 24. May 2016 19:42:42 

+1
for negative rudder common gain, in this case TX gyro can be used in Bank 0 + 1 but for Bank 2 negative Common gain to activate Rescue, with same TX gyro.

Oxy4max SpiritPro + HW // SOXOS 550, SpiritPro, HW120A V4, 920KV // SOXOS 600, SpiritPro, HW160A, Pyro650 // SOXOS Strike7, SpiritPro, HW160A, Pyro750 // Skywing Spirit Aero // FrSky Horus X10S + Taranis X7 /