All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: [VIDEOS] Spirit Setup
PostPosted: Mon 08. Dec 2014 22:46:21 
Site Admin

Big thanks to Jmann841!

Post subject: Re: Spirit Setup Videos
PostPosted: Mon 09. Feb 2015 15:06:40 

Good videos … just a question though — Should you set your radio (Spectrum) up to any particular swashplate setting ?? Since you have to select it after setting up your pitch slider up in video 2. :shock: I'm just wondering if there would be a conflict from what the TX is sending and what the Spirit might interpret ?

..... and the answer is YES!!! It does make a difference see below

Originally Posted by Datalyss on HeliFreak
… Hope I get it figured out!
Having problems with my system setup. Yes I flashed hardware with new EEPROM file 1.25.01 … running Spektrum DX-9, with 2 sat's, Savox Servos (1258's on A, P, E, & 1290 on R) YEP 100A ESC, 6S 5300mah battery (fully charged) … all installed on a Logo 550SX; but when I get to set up my sliders on video 2 I'm running -60 and I get servo creep - bizarre. I calibrated my DX-9's sticks • no change. Hey question for you Spektrum guys. I've been having a little bit of trouble setting this up and think it might be my user error. Most helicopters, the ones that I've flown of them have been fly barred, where you set up your helicopter profile in the DX transmitter with a swashplate setting for how many servos and the degree of separation (ie. 3 servos at 120°), but do you do that with an FBL? Or do you set it up as a Airplane profile with just channels?
RESPONSES FROM THE COMMUNITY:
Originally Posted by Jmann841
Your tx should not be setting any swashplate settings. Your tx should only be putting out channels 1-7 and doing no mixing other than Expo if you use that. The Spirit during setup will determine the swash plate type
Well that might be my problem as it is set up with a Helicopter profile which will ask you for a swashplate type. Maybe I should set it up as an aircraft profile so it doesn't ask. I didn't see that in the manual and if it is there and then I overlooked it ~ Checked my SPIRIT manual and it doesn't state anything on SWASHPLATE selection. Well that might be something we could put in the next manual revision ??

Originally Posted by Djhandz
I think you want to choose Heli profile 1 servo DX-8 and Heli profile Normal 1 servo DX-9 & 18

~ So the long and short of it if your new to FBL's as I was then make sure that your not selecting a profile that will figure in compensations ... I'm sure all radios now a days are computer type and this can throw you for a loop.

Thanks again to Jmann841, Djhandz, & ZeXx86 for all their help !! 8-)